Wednesday 29 February 2012

Medical team's meeting's being held today.....

A registrar from my surgical/general medical team has completed their round today. Stopping off to update me of progress and see if I have any issues.


As yet I have not fully brought up with the team, my escapade over my blood pressure (BP) that arose in my not being released, last weekend. I want my surgeon at least to be present and better still my consultant. I want to get over my point, that my life is shortened and that I would like to spend more time away from a hospital ward or institution, while I can. I do not want to die at home, I do not want Norma and Family to walk into a room and see me in their minds eye, lay there. I still experience this, when in a room that my Mother passed over in. Nice in one way but on the whole, I would prefer to remember happier times.


Back to today and the Teams ward round. I was informed/reminded that on a Tuesday, various teams, in multiple locations, meet up and communicate with each other. I know on occasion the my consultants here in North Manchester General have had conference calls with The Christie. Today though I will be the subject of discussion, with the team looking at my lungs. I am hopeful that by this time tomorrow, I will know the extent of how my infection and how further advanced the tumours on my lungs have progressed.


My mind 6th sense, tells me that the tumours in both my Lungs and Liver must have grown, perhaps even multiplied and spread to other parts of my body. This is no individuals fault, it is the infection. The infection, drain sites, wounds caused by the minor surgery, all have to heal, before I can have any treatment on my cancer tumours.


Mentally, I am prepared for the worst. Even if I was to be told I will be dead later today, I am at peace with that. I know that all those around me, know how much I love them and how proud I am of them. Friends that I will remember to my grave. All  give me strength and comfort. My only regret, will be the sorrow I leave behind and hope that all remember me fondly.


Tomorrow though, looking at everything in a positive light, which we all must do. Even if it is bad news, I know the medical team's, will do their best for me. Doctors, by nature, never give up, they will fight for me. Good People and this includes the support people, those unseen people who work in lab's, porters, nurses, support workers, cleaners, office people ect.


Well, I will update you tomorrow, that is if I can bring myself to do so. LOL.



The Christie, improvement idea. I have today via The Christie, web site. Requested that a text messaging system be created, to inform day patients of delays to certain departments. Communicating via text to the mobile phones of patients and or carers, of how long the expected wait times are.



Receptionist's must get frustrated relaying verbally information, to the patients queuing. The receptionist can best use their time in far more productive ways.


Patients, can use quiet area's away from the reception area, in the knowledge that they are being kept in the information loop.


I always head, as do some others to the patients quiet room, behind reception. Big TV with built in head phones so as not to disturb, lounging seating, comfortable chairs, subdued lighting ect.


I hope the idea is investigated by the IT department and others at The Christie.


Traa dy liooar, Yessir.


y para mis amigos en España.
Un registrador de mi equipo médico quirúrgico / general ha completado su ronda de hoy. Parando para actualizar mi de progreso y ver si tiene algún problema.
Hasta ahora no he criado plenamente con el equipo, mi escapada por encima de mi presión arterial (PA), que surgió en mi no ha sido liberado, la semana pasada. Quiero que mi cirujano por lo menos a estar presente y, mejor aún mi asesor. Quiero llegar a mi punto de vista, que mi vida se acorta y que me gustaría pasar más tiempo fuera de una sala de hospital o institución, mientras pueda. No quiero morir en casa, no quiero Norma y la Familia para entrar en una habitación y me ve en su ojo de la mente, estaba allí. Todavía esta experiencia, en una habitación que mi madre pasó por encima in Nice, de una manera pero en general, prefiero recordar los tiempos felices.
Volver a la actualidad y la ronda de sala de equipos.Fui informado / recordó que el martes, varios equipos, en varios lugares, se encuentran y se comunican entre sí. Sé que en ocasiones los consultores mi aquí en North Manchester General han tenido llamadas de conferencia con la Christie. Hoy, sin embargo voy a ser objeto de discusión, con el equipo mirando a mis pulmones. Espero que mañana a esta hora, voy a conocer el alcance de la manera en que mi infección y de lo más avanzado de los tumores en los pulmones han progresado.
Mi mente sexto sentido, me dice que los tumores en mis dos pulmones y el hígado debe haber crecido, tal vez incluso multiplicado y extendido a otras partes de mi cuerpo. Esto no es un fallo individuos, es la infección. La infección, los sitios de drenaje, las heridas causadas por la cirugía menor, todos tenemos que sanar, antes de que pueda tener ningún tratamiento en los tumores de mi cáncer.
Mentalmente, estoy preparado para lo peor. Incluso si yo iba a que me digan que va a estar muerto el día de hoy, estoy en paz con eso. Sé que todos los que me rodean, saber cuánto los amo y que estoy muy orgulloso de ellos. Amigos que me acordaré de mi tumba. Todo me da fuerza y ​​consuelo. Lo único que lamento, será el dolor que dejo atrás y espero que todos me recuerdan con cariño.
Mañana, sin embargo, viendo todo en una luz positiva, que todos debemos hacer. Incluso si es una mala noticia, sé que el equipo médico, hará todo lo posible para mí. Los médicos, por naturaleza, nunca te rindas, que van a luchar por mí. La gente buena y esto incluye a las personas de apoyo, aquellas personas que no se ven que trabajan en el laboratorio, porteros, enfermeros, trabajadores de apoyo, personal de limpieza, gente de la oficina ect.
Bueno, me pondré al día de mañana, es decir, si me atrevo a hacerlo. LOL.

El Christie, la idea de mejora. Tengo hoy a través de Christie, el sitio web. Pidió que un sistema de mensajería de texto se creará, para informar a los pacientes al día de retrasos en algunos departamentos. La comunicación a través de texto a los teléfonos móviles de los pacientes y sus cuidadores o de la duración de los tiempos de espera son esperados.
Recepcionista debe conseguir transmitir frustrado verbalmente la información, a la cola de los pacientes.La recepcionista puede utilizar mejor su tiempo a actividades mucho más productivas.
Los pacientes, pueden usar la zona tranquila está lejos de la zona de recepción, en el conocimiento de que se mantienen en el circuito de la información.
Yo siempre la cabeza, al igual que algunos otros a la sala de pacientes tranquila, detrás de la recepción.Gran TV con construido en auriculares para no molestar, estar tumbado, cómodas sillas, etc tenue iluminación.
Espero que la idea es investigado por el departamento de TI y otros en la Christie.
Traa dy liooar, sí señor.



No comments: