Sunday 29 January 2012

and on we go.....................

Update; Tuesday 31st January 2012.


Confirmed! I am being released, my consultant has given the all clear for me to go home. District nurses have to schedule appointments for twice daily visits to attend to drains and dressings. Ward nurses have to monitor the change in medication required and supply. Doctor suspects that it will take until Wednesday, as he rolled his eye's. LOL.


****************************************************************************



Since my last Blog entry, my location in the isolation ward has not altered. I am in isolation due to a test showing I have E coli. Treatment of anti-biotics via IV for this, changing cannula every other day. Couple of nurses, not very careful when administrating the antibiotics move or bend the needles, so leading to painful changes.

Friday, I had a CT scan, no procedure followed, so presume that my consultant and his team will view this on their return to work after the weekend and decide on the next course of action. To update you, I have drain site's both front and back on my left hand side of my pelvic area.

Stoma bags, keep leaking in the middle of the night, so disturbing my sleep patterns, I do catch up during the day with little siestas. Skin maintenance around my bag site has improved with the use of wipes and leaving the sprays alone, same products, rubber remover/ skin protector.

The dressing on one of my drain site was changed and the nurse who did it knew what she was doing, made a rather uncomfortable bit of work very comfortable with a bit of extra packing.Nice. This has taken away the need for pain killers in the morning to ease the pain the dressing was given me.

I have taken to walking the corridors of the hospital, they are quite long, so good walks are possible. I do not want to have any muscle wastage and it also helps my drainage sites.

Manchester United, out of the F.A. Cup beaten by Liverpool, good game, would have liked to see the result the other way around but fair play to Liverpool.

Yesterday and I have just been cleared for today, I am being allowed out for a few hours. Yesterday (Saturday) Norma collected me and brought me home, Holly (our dog) was very pleased to see me. You could tell she enjoyed her pack being together. Did not do much, watched TV, Ate and relaxed in the homely environment. Today if Norma agrees, we will go to the Printworks complex in Manchester City Centre and have lunch at Lloyd's bar, they do a good roast then a few yards across to the Odeon Cinema to watch a showing of 'War Horse'. I believe tissues are in order.

Traa dy liooar.

And for my Spanish friends;

Desde la entrada de mi blog pasado, mi lugar en la sala de aislamiento no ha cambiado. Estoy en forma aislada, debido a una prueba que muestra que tengo E coli. El tratamiento de antibióticos por vía intravenosa para este, el cambio de cánula cada dos días. Un par de enfermeras, no es muy cuidadoso cuando la administración de los antibióticos mover o doblar las agujas, lo que conduce a cambios dolorosos.Viernes, tuve una tomografía computarizada, no el procedimiento seguido, así que supongo que mi consultor y su equipo va a ver esto en su regreso al trabajo después del fin de semana y decidir sobre el siguiente curso de acción. Para actualizar usted, tengo sitio de drenaje de la parte delantera y atrás en mi lado izquierdo de la pelvis.Bolsas de ostomía, mantener la fuga en medio de la noche, así que molestar a mi patrón de sueño, lo hago a ponerse al día durante el día con siestas poco.Mantenimiento de la piel alrededor de mi sitio de la bolsa ha mejorado con el uso de toallitas húmedas y dejar los aerosoles solo, los mismos productos de caucho removedor / protector de la piel.El vendaje en uno de mis sitios de drenaje se ha cambiado y la enfermera que lo hizo sabía lo que estaba haciendo, hace un poco más incómodo de trabajo muy a gusto con un poco de packing.Nice extra. Esto ha llevado a la necesidad de analgésicos en la mañana para aliviar el dolor se me da el vendaje.He tomado a caminar por los pasillos del hospital, que son bastante largos, por lo que anda bien es posible.No quiero tener ningún desgaste muscular y también ayuda a mis sitios de desagüe.Manchester United, eliminado de la Copa FA derrotado por el Liverpool, buen juego, le hubiera gustado ver el resultado al revés, pero el juego limpio a Liverpool.Ayer y me acaban de ser despejado por hoy, se me permitía salir durante unas horas. Ayer (sábado) Norma me recogieron y me trajeron a casa, Holly (nuestro perro) estaba muy contento de verme. Se podría decir que ella disfrutaba de su paquete de estar juntos. No hizo mucho, ver la televisión, Ate y relajado en el entorno familiar. Hoy en día, si está de acuerdo en Norma, vamos a ir a la Printworks complejo en el centro de Manchester y almorzar en el bar de Lloyd, que hacen un buen asado luego a pocos metros a través del Cine Odeon para ver una muestra de "War Horse". Creo que los tejidos están en orden.

1 comment:

centrallinehideaway said...

Hi adrian my hubby was having the same problem with stoma bags, have you tried the flexifit aloe Vera ones from salts they are so far the best we have found so far they will send you a free sample of them to try well worth it, I hope your treatment is easier on you than it's been for us x