Saturday 14 February 2009

Friday the 13th

How low can I get, Norma just bought me a Valantines Card to give to her, as I forgot. :O))))))

Lets start with Norma. Norma has been getting a lot of test's of late, CAT scans etc, now we have deceided to go private as the results are bringing up all sorts of funny results, her GP is saying that it may be TB or Phnumonia, neither of which we believe so it is time to leave the NHS and get a better service. Norma gets very breathless walking up hills and stairs, even sitting down with a glass of wine or gin and tonic. (LOL).

Me I am on the mend, I hope 'one day at a time' I am having trouble getting to sleep due the dull pain in my lower stomach area but what the hell.

Whinge over!

Not a lot going on really, work is getting better by the day, the ethos is changing for the good. A lot of people are leaving for various reasons, which I will not go into as it is unethical, but all for the good.

Norma, has a heavy workload as well and it has got a bit on top of her of late. I think our break in Tunisia will help us both a alot, 5 weeks now.

Tunisia has come along alot since I first visited over 20 years ago but in some ways has not changed, a very interesting country. Yes it is a third world country with some poverty but it has a lot to offer, one of my favourite places is the amphitheatre in El Djem . In my mind it is better than the Coliseum of Rome but in Rome you do have a lot of other attraction, ever seen Ceasars Palace, which never seems to get a look in but is right beside the Coliseum.

We stay in the resort of Port El Kantaoui http://www.portelkantaoui.com.tn/english/index.php in the Royal Kenz Hotel. http://www.hotelroyalkenz.com/homeen.htm This is a loverly Hotel, no one under the age of 16 allowed and to be honest whenever we have been the average age must be high 40s. Yes an adult hotel, ever seen adults at play, we can be worse than the kids. LOL.

I know I have covered this off in earlier postings but if you are adventurous and fancy seeing the Real Spain try this rentel property in Cortes de la Frontera http://www.holiday-spain.biz/ . This will be our main holiday this year in August a really nice property owned by Angus and Susan, the village is really nice, good bars and nice shops including a mini supermarket http://servicios.diariosur.es/fijas/pueblos/ingles/cortesi.htm . The people are loverly and it is a lot cheaper than down on the Costa's. A good advantage is that you are not far away from Gibralter where you do not have to worry about the Euro, it is all Pounds and Pence in fact they prefer to take British Pounds than Euro's, duty free as well, a lot of items cheaper than in Spain but do not get caught out by buying more than your allowance, Gib is not in the European Union. Norma got caught with a stash of cigs, I am married to a drug courier. LOL. See this site for Gib up-dates http://www.the-rock-of-gibraltar.com/ This site is currently being added to on a regular basis by a Gent called Geof. Geof also builds sites and I am sure if you needed a site built he would give you a compeditive rate.

Are you on facebook? I am. I am the the Adrian Howarth with the image of the Silver Surfer, you will know what I mean when you see the image, come and join me. http://en-gb.facebook.com/ .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Unc,

I suffer myself from stomach pain and was diagnosed with IBS. Try peppermint tea as this can sometimes be a great fix for this area of the body.

Give my best to Norma, hope the trip away puts you both on the mend.

David.