Tuesday 25 September 2007

Well that was exciting

This being unemployed is boring, that all I can say.

You find yourself waiting on phone Calls, Emails and scrolling job sites all day. I start work at 08:00 every day and finish at 17:00, eat lunch at my desk.

I have made my mind up that on my return from holiday I will explore the Temp Job scene, it may hold some interesting prospects while waiting for the right job to come along. It will also relieve the boredom.

Right, on Monday I made a French Onion Soup. I found the recipe on this web site and the result was very good. http://www.cookuk.co.uk/ as the recipe says just change the measures to suit individual taste. It was very easy and quick to make. I did not bother with the cheese but served it with garlic bread. Tonight a beef curry (Rogan Josh) with rice.

In my spare time I am reading a Colin Dexter, Inspector Morse Mystery called ' The Wench is Dead' I have never read any of the Morse books and to be honest they are very good, you do tend to visualise the characters as per the TV series but this just ad's to the enjoyment.

I have been doing a bit of investigation in regards to Fiesta's in and around Malaga and to my surprise find that there is one in Fuengirola about 30 minutes away and although this is a very touristy place we may give it a try.

From my study/office window I look out on some tree's and grass, I am amazed with how many squirrels there are this year and how the magpies and squirrels get on, they just ignore each other. At night we often see an urban fox that lives close by and have a resident owl. As you may suspect we are in quite a rural area, although we are only about a mile and a half from Manchester Town Center. We also have ducks on the river (Irk) which is only about 50 meters away.

Our little street is quite often used by various TV series, such as Prime Suspect, City Central and more recently Waterloo Road, The Street and Life on Mars. Coming in the near future we are led to believe that 'Corrie' are shooting here and I was talking to a guy from the BBC who was location hunting for a programme called 'Space Hopper' this will be a brand new programme so keep your eye out for that one.

Well I will be walking into town later for a stroll and may meet Norma from work, I find that if I do not get out for a walk my joints stiffen up, I know Old Age.

See Ya tomorrow, for the next installment.

No comments: