Tuesday 25 October 2011

Health, Pater Kay, Derby match, Holly.

First of all my health. I visited 'The Christie' Hospital, yesterday (Monday). Two appointments that overlapped but worked OK.

Being on a clinical trial, appears to put you on a fast track system. Having had my heart scan the week before, it left me with screening test's, which were, blood pressure, temperature, heart beat, urine, weight, ECG. I also had a CT Scan.

The only result that has been made known tome is that my heart is OK and above the required limit for treatment to go forward. My urine was showing a bit high in sugar but no problem.

If all goes to plan, I will up-date my results in the next few days, when the nurse call me to let me know what form my treatment will take. There are two types of treatment in this trial. (1) pill form, that I have 2 out of 3 chances of being on. This will be a very convenient for me as I will not have to be lay in bed at the hospital for hours, or for that matter visit the hospital except for test's. (2) intravenously, which will start off being administered weekly at first then every 2 weeks. I do not know how long the treatment goes on for, in either form.


Saturday saw Norma and I venturing out, with friends for a few drinks and to see Peter Kay. It was a great night, the warm up act was Rick Astley, very good. Then Peter Kay who had us all laughing, the breaks were a bit long between sets. The evening was in aid of 'The Christie' and it raised over £301,000-00. Which is fantastic.


Manchester was buzzing on Sunday, Derby day football, United vs City. Sorry to say United lost 6-1. United will come back stronger, I am sure.


Since we returned from holiday, Holly, has been so well behaved, she seems reluctant to leave us to go for a walk, We are pleased with the new Holly. Holly is now the holder of her own passport, how expensive and only for a year.


Traa dy liooar.

No comments: