Tuesday 2 March 2010

Here we go, Here we go, Here we go.

Finally after 10 chemotherapy treatments, lots of scans, loads of visits to hospitals, I am going to have an operation.

They are expecting to remove the right hand side of my liver 50% that is and cut out a portion of my colon.

I will have both operations at the same time, quite a large cut to get at both area's. My lower body will be paralysed for around 4 days and I will be in a high dependency  unit. Then physiotherapy to get me back on my feet. Bed baths, full of tubes ect.

Hopefully, released from hospital after around 10 days, as long as I can take food and go to the toilet, possible colostomy bag for a while.

When I get home I have been warned that it will take a minimum of 3 months to be fit enough to return to work, given that fatigue will hit me for the first 5 - 8 weeks and getting my strength back will take some time.

They think that after a period of time to be decided on that it is likely that I will then be having a course of radio therapy or similar treatment.

I am hopeful that in six months time I will be cleared of cancer and well on my way to a full life, hopefully with retirement in the next couple of years.

Traa dy liooar, yessir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope all will go great my buddy

Erik

Anonymous said...

I hope all works out for you mate.
I am with you, and in my thoughts and prayers.. keep fighting. !

daryl