Sunday 30 December 2007

Sunday catch up

I have not updated the blog since boxing day so lets have a go, my head is still in holiday mood.

Friday, we had a nice breakfast, a stroll across Manchester for a coffee in the Corner house then to the Palace Theater to see Shane Ritchie playing Scrooge. I have to say this is one of the best stage productions that I have ever seen and I have seen some good ones, like 'Les mis' in London etc. The sets had been designed by the man who created some of the sets for Harry Potter, you would hardly recognise Shane Ritchie who we had seen earlier in the year in 'One flew over the cuckoo's nest'. Warning though you will need tissues, it is an emotional play. We ended up in the Wheat sheaf pub for a couple of glasses of red wine then a nice bag of chips, eat on the way home.

Saturday, met up with Daryl who is over from Barcelona visiting friends and family, we visited a couple of public houses, the second of which was an old regular haunt 'The Crown and Anchor' this pub has recently had money well invested in it. Nice seating and decorated very tastefully. I Norma and I will be returning in the near future.

Daryl and I had lots to talk about, he is a very interesting person and conversation flows easily. He is very happy to be living in Barcelona and is coping well with a new language and is making new friends. I wish that he gets all he is capable of achieving.

Sunday (today) we have no plans just lounging and eating, I wonder if a walk may be on the cards around Queens park, just over the river (Irk) which is at the bottom of the street.

Oh, United beaten by West Ham 2-1, not a good result. DOH!

Traa dy liooar.

No comments: