Wednesday 7 November 2007

Time wasters

Rant on!

Ever woke up and thought today does not feel right?

Well I did this morning.

I had an appointment today with a nameless recruiter, (I have withheld the name they are not a major name). Appointment time one o'clock.

Left home to walk to the Metrolink, plenty of time slight drizzle, suited and booted, brolly in hand.

Tram arrived on time, we got into Manchester then some poor soul had a fit on the tram, tram stopped ambulance called, all trams stopped in the area.

Walked around the corner to a tram stop on another route tram arrives, get to Altrincham 30 min prior to meeting, arrived at meeting 15 min ahead of appointment time, good manners shown.

Well the Lady, one of the partners finally interviews me for a job that I did not want, I asked why should would not tell me over the phone who she was recruiting for and there was no answer. The Lady had no interviewing technique what so ever, in fact she was boring.

They take a copy of your passport at all agencies only this one failed to give it back, I did not notice till I got home, trams still delayed due to the previously mentioned incident.

I called the agency and they found my passport in the photocopier. INCOMPETENT would be a polite way of putting it, the owner had not idea, Lady playing a game, being boss. Well I gave her some feedback and she was not a happy camper. I hope she post's my passport back.

Rant off.

Have you ever had a bad experience with a recruitment agency, please add to the comments below.

The BBC are back, so I will have company for the next three weeks.

Love and Peace

No comments: